Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
AVID:Avid Editing ForumAvid Editing TutorialsAvid Editing Basics ForumAvid Liquid ForumAvid Liquid TutorialsAvid VideoRAID ForumAvid

Remove Pulldown in MC 6.0

COW Forums : AVID

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Mike SilvermanRemove Pulldown in MC 6.0
by on May 8, 2012 at 6:28:16 pm

I'm quite new to Avid MC 6.0 as I'm in the process of switching from FCP. I shoot primarily in AVCHD codec and I just shot a wedding using two cameras that record slightly different flavors of AVCHD.

The problem that I am having is that the footage shot on my Panasonic HMC150 is native 1080 24p while the footage shot with a backup Canon HF M40 is 1080 24p in a 60i container. The Canon footage shows up in MC 6.0 as 1080i 29.97 fps while the Panasonic footage shows up as 1080p 23.98. I linked all of the footage using AMA, and am currently transcoding the Pansonic's footage to XDCAM 35. However, when I tried to convert the Canon footage, it gave me a warning that the footage will have to be adjusted to the project settings of 23.98 fps.

I've received some help already but am still stuck. I've tried to select "2:3 Film" in the Field Motion Column in the Bin. However, that didn't seem to help as there is still a green dot on the clip when I drag it into the timeline. I tried refreshing Motion Adaptors and still no luck.

Is it possible that MC 6.0 cannot remove the pulldown? If MC 6.0 is able to remove the pulldown, please let me know how it can be done as I'm hoping to start editing soon but just need to get this issue resolved.

Thanks!

Mike S.

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]