Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
AVID:Avid Editing ForumAvid Editing TutorialsAvid Editing Basics ForumAvid Liquid ForumAvid Liquid TutorialsAvid VideoRAID ForumAvid

Re: AVID 6 Crashing during Database Rebuild ??

COW Forums : AVID

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Glenn SakatchRe: AVID 6 Crashing during Database Rebuild ??
by on May 3, 2012 at 2:01:42 pm

If the other two can access that media, im assuming at some point one of them did a scan and rebuilt the database? (I don't use Unity, but im assuming there is still only one data base for all shared boxes) If thats the case my question would be why does the third Avid do any scan at all...it should read the data base and move along. The only quick troubleshoot i can think of is to rename the media folder on that partition so it has nothing for Avid to scan. Launch the third Avid and see what it does. If it locks up, perhaps its time for a quick un-install, re-install. If it doesn't lock up, can it digitize to that partition. If it can digitize, my guess would be something corrupt in the media. You could try moving media back into that partition a little bit at a time to see if you can find a range of clips that it doesn't like.

Glenn

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]