Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
AVID:Avid Editing ForumAvid Editing TutorialsAvid Editing Basics ForumAvid Liquid ForumAvid Liquid TutorialsAvid VideoRAID ForumAvid

Re: CSI Style burn-out transition

COW Forums : AVID

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Glenn SakatchRe: CSI Style burn-out transition
by on Apr 24, 2012 at 1:54:27 pm

If you are not doing broadcast work that goes through a strict QC point, than the legalizers won't be worth it for you. I started using sapphires chroma clamp years ago when we were having difficulty getting an illegal gamma error through an outside broadcasters QC process. Since then i have refined my legalizing with a combination of different filters to ensure legal without killing the look i'm going after. I'll add that i typically only offline on the Media Composer, and do 99 percent of my onlines on a DS system, so many of the tools i use may not be available on MC in the first place. An interesting example would be using sapphires glow effect with the "Keep effect legal" button turned on. I've had that sent back from QC companies, and had to add secondary legal to it. Sometimes you just have to know your broadcaster, and your QC path. Unfortunately that is information that usually costs money at some point in either time and shipping for fixes plus the "oops" factor, or the purchase of other filters to fix the problem before it starts.

My two cents.

Glenn

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]