Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
AVID:Avid Editing ForumAvid Editing TutorialsAvid Editing Basics ForumAvid Liquid ForumAvid Liquid TutorialsAvid VideoRAID ForumAvid

Symphony 6.0 with Kona 3 card

COW Forums : AVID

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Adam CoreySymphony 6.0 with Kona 3 card
by on Apr 18, 2012 at 4:34:43 pm

Thinking about taking advantage of the Symphony upgrade pricing. There are some pretty good deals for both the software only and with the Nitris Hardware. I currently have a couple of Kona 3 system running Smoke and Final Cut, a couple of questions:

- other than the universal mastering are any other features missing when using the Kona3? I know it can't do stereo 3D, we already use smoke for that so it's not an issue.

- has anyone using the Software only version with Kona had any noticeable performance issues when Color Correcting or doing basic fx?

- can the Nitris hardware co-exist on a mac that has the Kona 3?

The main reason to get an Avid is to broaden our freelance editor pool, I just want to make sure we have something that works well.

Adam Corey
DC Collective
Design - Edit - Create
http://www.dccollective.tv

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy