Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
AVID:Avid Editing ForumAvid Editing TutorialsAvid Editing Basics ForumAvid Liquid ForumAvid Liquid TutorialsAvid VideoRAID ForumAvid

Re: How do I stretch time? *Fit to fill

COW Forums : AVID

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Scott ColeRe: How do I stretch time? *Fit to fill
by on Apr 11, 2012 at 2:20:23 am

There is a "Fit to Fill" edit button... it's a two headed arrow and if it isn't already mapped on your screen, you can find it on the command palette and map it to either your keyboard or screen. Mark an IN and an OUT on both the SOURCE clip and your timeline (obviously different durations) and then use the FIT TO FILL button. That will edit the clip running at the right speed into the timeline, but it doesn't give you a choice of how to render it for the desired quality.

If you then click on the motion effect button, right next to the "effect mode" button, to the left of the timeline, you will bring up the motion effect editor window where you can promote the motion effect to "Timewarp" where you will be able to choose a bunch of render modes, as well as choose input and out put interlace vs progressive modes. You also now have the entire capabilities of timewarp available to you.

I'm writing this from home without the application in front of me, so my nomenclature might not be perfect here. But the method is correct.

M. Scott Cole
Senior Post Production Editor
60 MINUTES
CBS News, NYC
sc6@cbsnews.com
mscottc@comcast.net

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS