Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
AVID:Avid Editing ForumAvid Editing TutorialsAvid Editing Basics ForumAvid Liquid ForumAvid Liquid TutorialsAvid VideoRAID ForumAvid

Lost deck control in Xpress Pro Mojo

COW Forums : AVID

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Michael VolkeningLost deck control in Xpress Pro Mojo
by on Apr 10, 2012 at 2:57:04 pm

New problem on an old system. System specs should be in signature below. Yesterday I got a NO DECK reading in the timecode window in the Capture tool. Usually a quick check to see if everything is routed correctly and/or using the Check Decks button in the Capture tool and/or closing and re-opening the Avid cures this. Not this time. I checked Deck Configuration in the settings tab and noticed these settings: box 1: Direct on COM1 box 2: Firewire on NO PORT linked to Panasonic AJ-D455P, which is the correct videotape machine. I changed the NO PORT in box 2 to Firewire on Avid DNA. This changed the NO DECK message back to my old friend timecode, but now I have no control over the tape deck. I shut down for the day, hoping that a good night’s sleep would magically cure everything, which sometimes happens in computerland. Not this time. Same problem today- no deck control. I can still capture by controlling the deck manually, but that’s no way to edit. Oh, and the following lights are ON on the Mojo: 48KHz, DV, Host, Power. Any ideas?

mikey

Avid Xpress Pro Mojo 5.6.7
WindowsXP 2002
HP Workstation XW8000
2.80 Ghz
2.0 GB RAM

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS