Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
AVID:Avid Editing ForumAvid Editing TutorialsAvid Editing Basics ForumAvid Liquid ForumAvid Liquid TutorialsAvid VideoRAID ForumAvid

Re: AMA Workflow in Media Composer 6

COW Forums : AVID

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Tom NelsonRe: AMA Workflow in Media Composer 6
by on Mar 21, 2012 at 2:54:28 pm

I've re-visited the project after unmounting the volume, shutting down, and restarting Avid, and all of my AMA linked clips show up in the correct bins and play properly (it was XDCAM MXFs that were giving me a problem). I'm going to have to go to each Avid and check that all of the plugins we will need are there and updated.

Ricky - I'd definitely be a bit more comfortable with your workflow, as I try to make everything bulletproof, and transcoding the AMA-linked media files ensures that you've got that tried-and-true Avid media files and folder to work with in the software, instead of working directly with the AMA-linked file. I am going to give AMA a good run, though, because skipping the transcoding step, if successful, would save tons of time. I'd need to be absolutely sure, though, that any Avid would be able to easily see all of the AMA linked files, regardless of the drive letter associated with the project drive, and the editor could work with all of the linked files quickly and effeiciently, as if they were Avid native. If it's not 100 percent reliable, I'd think that transcoding would be the way to go.

Thank you guys for the valuable info. I'm all about researching and testing before I push the Beta version of the workflow out to the editors, and you've been very helpful so far.

Tom Nelson
Videographer/Editor
Essex Television Group

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]