Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
AVID:Avid Editing ForumAvid Editing TutorialsAvid Editing Basics ForumAvid Liquid ForumAvid Liquid TutorialsAvid VideoRAID ForumAvid

Re: AMA linking, gamma / after effects

COW Forums : AVID

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Hans SieberRe: AMA linking, gamma / after effects
by on Sep 29, 2011 at 12:06:18 pm

In my experience it`s not just simply the remapping to full range or vice versa. Apart from "locked" codecs like DNxHD/XDCAM you always have a not so slight gamma shift when using AMA. Maybe that`s what you are facing right now. I`ve been talking to several Avid guys during the last 2 years and never got a satisfying answer. But working with log files it shouldn`t matter that much as you should grade the original files. I don`t know Davinci Resolve but I might guess that it could be able to grade the clips as they were shot. Using a EDL/AAF sequence export e.g.
And no, you can`t apply a LUT on the files during Import or AMA. At my post house we are shooting on RED/Alexa and do the baselight grading using the Nucoda Filmmaster. These files are being prepped for import into Avid. Afterwards we revert back to the Original files.
Yours sincerely
Hans

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]