Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
AVID:Avid Editing ForumAvid Editing TutorialsAvid Editing Basics ForumAvid Liquid ForumAvid Liquid TutorialsAvid VideoRAID ForumAvid

Re: Tracking then trimming

COW Forums : AVID

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Stephen MarkRe: Tracking then trimming
by on Aug 26, 2011 at 8:48:01 pm

Thanks Juris and Scott. I really like Juris' wedding cake idea -- I usually don't layer video unless it's to create blends of some sort -- but in this case that's a clever way to work with my situation. I think I did try collapsing the clips but that didn't seem to help. I also had used Scott's idea of the video mixdown, but his caveat is correct especially since I don't create the final effects. Mixing down is great for screening purposes but my poor assistant who has to pass counts on to the VFX house growls at me. What I'm understanding from both of you, however, is that my conclusion is correct that a track will always start on the first frame of a cut and not adjust itself to trimming. I gather you'd agree this is true of all trackers.

Stephen

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]