Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
AVID:Avid Editing ForumAvid Editing TutorialsAvid Editing Basics ForumAvid Liquid ForumAvid Liquid TutorialsAvid VideoRAID ForumAvid

Re: how to get things back to normal

COW Forums : AVID

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Glenn SakatchRe: how to get things back to normal
by on Aug 21, 2011 at 6:35:07 pm

Craig the attic has nothing to do with your media or its data bases. It is simply the holder of your Autosave files. When Avid saves your bin, the previous version is saved in the attic. As soon as you deleted the attic, you lost all those original autosave files.

The rebuilding of the databases is useful when the box is not seeing media it should be seeing, but will have no effect at all on your attic. As you move forward with this training sequence, you should see your attic increase in size as your saves occur, but that is all it is there for. Being able to call up an old version of your bin, prior to a change that you want to undo, but don't have enough undos available for.

Am i understanding your question correctly?

As for your final statement
Though i guess getting the basic organization structure and what can go wrong is worth the pain.

In my opinion, the best tutorial in the world is one in which something bad happens, and makes you realize that i should've done this, or shouldn't have done that. "perfect" tutorials are a waste of time.

Edit sessions are never perfect.

hope some of this helps. I started on Avid in '95, and started using Final cut in about '06, and am currently trying to learn premiere as well, so I feel your pain.

Glenn

Glenn

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]