Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
AVID:Avid Editing ForumAvid Editing TutorialsAvid Editing Basics ForumAvid Liquid ForumAvid Liquid TutorialsAvid VideoRAID ForumAvid

Re: avid import drives

COW Forums : AVID

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

keith mcgregorRe: avid import drives
by on Jul 22, 2010 at 7:07:33 pm

Sorry M,
Ok, here goes... Log in to student account with no admin rights, launch avid, with no externals attached I try to import any media into avid, error msg= "no media drives available for import, you can still log shots" no biggie. go to console, type alldrives, hit return, try again, same thing (so that works for network drives but that's not what I'm after, I want to make the boot drive available for importing media, for students tutorial media only) checked media creation tool, in each tab boot drive is greyed out with the "all drives filtered out" msg in list. When importing with no volumes connected there is no choice for media drive. Tried all again on admin account to no avail. My next question is: composer is only configured to work with external and network storage instead of the main system drive?
So in a nutshell, 2 things: 1. change which volume avid is looking for with certain clips and, 2. set the system/boot drive as a media drive. Apologies for my miscommunication and/or confusington on this and many thanks for your continued patience. (I hope this is a little more clear.)
-Keith

Reality? What did you make it?

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]