Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
AVID:Avid Editing ForumAvid Editing TutorialsAvid Editing Basics ForumAvid Liquid ForumAvid Liquid TutorialsAvid VideoRAID ForumAvid

Re: Need instructions on backing up projects to DVD

COW Forums : AVID

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

KTTC-RedRe: Need instructions on backing up projects to DVD
by on Mar 22, 2007 at 3:49:46 pm

MHancock;
Thanks for the in-depth reply. So we need the original media files (mov, wav, tga, jpg etc) and the corresponding omf media files in order to resurrect an archived project? am I understanding this correctly?

I know in Premiere all I have to save is the original media files (avi, wav, tga etc) and the project file (ppj) to a DVD and then copy/paste them back to hard drive and open the project file (ppj) and Premiere will pop open a window asking where file shot#01.avi is located. After directing it to the new location, premiere usually finds the rest of the files and loads up the orginal project timelime flawlessly (unless I am missing/forgot to save media elements).
I am going to install the software you suggested and see if we can make it easier for my co-worker to archive and resurrect past projects.

One other question, you said
"After you've copied the media delete the database files of your OMFI MediaFiles folder....etc"
I am assuming you mean to delete the orginal media files (mov, wav, tga jpg, etc) and leave the omf files in the OMFI MediaFiles folder and then copy/paste the orginal media files to the earmarked folder in the Avid Projects folder. Open Avid Newscutter XP program and then open the bin in the earmarked folder that you just pasted everything into.

Again thanks for the input. It is all very much appreciated and very helpful. Now I just got to wrap my head around how the avid works and saves things.

Thanks
KTTC-Red

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]