Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
ZAXWERKS:Zaxwerks ForumZaxwerks TutorialsZaxwerks

Re: Need Illustrator to Animator Tutorial - The Vector Basics.

COW Forums : Zaxwerks

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Jon OkerstromRe: Need Illustrator to Animator Tutorial - The Vector Basics.
by on Nov 20, 2007 at 4:20:35 am

Hi Suzzie,

With all due respect, I want to respond to the "you guys at Zax don't get it."

My first response is that the people who answer questions in this forum do get it. Most of us are users just like you. We're here as unpaid volunteers. We're here because we really like Zaxwerks software and we like to see people create great work with it. We're here answering questions and looking at files because we like to help people learn. Sometimes examining files is the fastest way to help someone. We build tutorials and trainning based on what people ask about and may develop something along the lines of your suggestion.

I can also tell you that Zax and the people in his company get it too. You have no idea how much time and energy they invest in crafting a postive, intuitive user experience. This kind of effort shows up in a streamlined user interface and in software documentation that's easy to read and understand.

Having said all of that, I understand your frustration with learning Adobe Illustrator. I'm in the same boat when it comes to Lightwave. It's a very powerful tool, but it sits on a shelf because I haven't felt the urgent need to invest the time and energy required to really learn it. I imagine it'll stay that way until I either get lots of free time (right) or take on a project that demands that I learn it. I'm not upset at the people who make Lightwave - all kinds of instructional materials are out there. I realize I'm the one deciding what I learn and when I learn it.

I can't predict when a tutorial that matches your needs will arrive here in the forum. I can pledge that we'll be here to help you get through your projects, one step at a time.

Jon

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]