Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
MEDIA 100:Media 100 844/X ForumMedia 100 ForumMedia 100 TutorialsMedia 100

Re: XDCAM Transfer crashes Suite 1.6 on import

COW Forums : Media 100

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

jay RysckiRe: XDCAM Transfer crashes Suite 1.6 on import
by on Jul 1, 2010 at 4:03:51 pm

Thanks for all the feedback on this examination. While I have deep understanding and respect for the M100 environment, I struggle with the incomplete "solution" that the Suite 1.6 delivers. I have hung on to the SD M100 model a year longer than I thought I could get away with and continue to produce content on it.

But I am done with tape now. I am happy to compromise to produce the same results I deliver now, compelling content. Where I see the challenge is in the sometimes convoluted media management area. M100 has always let me excel in this area, the current tool falls short primarily with challenges in sorting out files for archive. When the digital model truly emulates the tape model for restoring footage, I'll be there. In the meantime, this cobbled together approach to integration could use a champion. Calibrated Software has some good ideas, but they are still short on the execution.

If Suite 1.6 could overcome the XDCam conforming choke point, I could live with the results. What I have trouble justifying is sacrifice I make in creative editing energy, every time I need to put the computer geek hat on. M100 has let me leave that hat on the hook for years. I'd like to leave it there...

thanks again to all...

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]