Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
MEDIA 100:Media 100 844/X ForumMedia 100 ForumMedia 100 TutorialsMedia 100

Re: Media 100i and HD

COW Forums : Media 100

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Floh PetersRe: Media 100i and HD
by on Mar 19, 2010 at 7:12:52 am

[Gerry Condez] "In ways that, can I just apply slow motion, color correction, instant Black and White and playback HD material instantly? Are there still real time FX?"

You will be surprised how much more realtime you get on a new system. One of our editors had to go back to Media 100 i on a recent job, and although he got through it he was surprised how slow everything was under Media 100 i.
All effects you mention up there are still realtime, even on HD material, but they are processed on the CPU and not on the hardware board. Plus, everything else you need to render is dramatically faster due to the fact that the P6000 compression/decompression chip is a real bottleneck these days. When you e.g. render a BorisFX in Media 100 i, each frame goes through this decompression/compression, which takes close to a second per frame on P6000 (without anything being rendered). On the new systems you don´t have that limitation anymore, so rendering is dramatically faster.
If you have a relatively new computer somewhere, even a MacBook Pro, download the demo version of Media 100 Suite, move some timeline with some footage over to it, e.g. via a FireWire drive and give it a quick try. You will be surprised…

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]