Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
AUTODESK:Autodesk Smoke ForumAutodesk CombustionAutodesk Smoke 2013

Re: Smoke is changing- into Final Cut Extreme- New Features Page?

COW Forums : Autodesk Smoke 2013

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Walter SoykaRe: Smoke is changing- into Final Cut Extreme- New Features Page?
by on Apr 16, 2012 at 12:23:58 am

[Jeremy Garchow] "Same with a Symphony? Resolve? Teranex? Whatever new and specialized hardware/software that's has serious price cuts lately? It happens."

Oh, I know it happens. But how would your clients feel if they asked you for a bid on a project that was a little bit more involved than the last one you did with them, and you came back to them with a price that was a quarter of what they paid before? They might have been grumpy, too.

I wasn't sure that Smoke at $15K was a good value for my business. If I had been sure, I would have bought it. I wouldn't have been happy that I could have gotten it for almost $12,000 less a year later unless it had earned that money back already, though I don't think I would have quite been up to a Herb level of upset.

It's awkward to slash your pricing. You need to win new customers, but you can't risk alienating your existing customers.

Walter Soyka
Principal & Designer at Keen Live
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
RenderBreak Blog - What I'm thinking when my workstation's thinking
Creative Cow Forum Host: Live & Stage Events

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter