Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
FORUMS:listlist (w/ descriptions)archivetagssearchhall of famerecent posts

Re: Is it powerful enough for F65 4K Raw real-time grading?

COW Forums : Cubix

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Shuhong WangRe: Is it powerful enough for F65 4K Raw real-time grading?
by on Jun 25, 2012 at 7:00:48 am

Dear Salvo,
Thank you very much for your detailed reply, It's very clear and important for me. I will change the GPU card to GTX580.
1)About the RAID config, I prefer to choose a pcie2.0 x8 RAID5 disk array(16xSATA HDD), whose sustaied write speed could be larger than 800MB/s and sustaied read speed could be larger than 900MB/s. It is much cheaper than FC solution.
As you mentioned, when we need to rendering or caching, I need to cover the access speed for 4K DPX, if the video resolution is 4:2:2 12bit, the stream rate will be:4096x2180x30(fps)x3(byte)x8 = 6.37Gbps, am i right?
2)maybe I had a misunderstanding about the 4K grading, I thought when we did the color grading based on the F65 raw file, we don't need 4K uncompressed bandwidth. From your post, if I need do the color grading in real time, Resolve need high bandwidth(about 6.3Gbps) to process the data. Is it correct? so, I need to ensure the RAID array can provide consitent 6.3Gbps bandwidth. Am i right?
3)About the Resolve software version, I can not decide which one to select, Linux or Windows, or Mac? From other information, most people said that ONLY LINUX is capable of 4K at this moment, Linux is the first choice. what's the software version for 4K in your hand? I got the device quotation from Resolve distributor that I need pay $19995 for Resolve software for Linux and I need pay extra $29995 for the Resolve control surface. The Linux version is much more expensive than the Mac version. I haven't gotten the quotation for Windows version.

wshvic

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]