Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
FORUMS:listlist (w/ descriptions)archivetagssearchhall of famerecent posts

Re: Sony camcorder choice?

COW Forums : Sony DV

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Christopher KinsmanRe: Sony camcorder choice?
by on Dec 20, 2009 at 4:57:10 am

Hey Dale, I think the biggest difference between these 2 cameras is that the 1000 is a single chip camera and the v1 is a 3 chip camera. I would suggest looking at dvinfo or camcorderinfo and looking at their reviews. I own the US version of the A1 which is also single chip technology, and it's a great camera in the right lighting conditions. I worked with the v1 and it's much more robust in light gathering than the A1 was. The 1000 gives you a large shoulder mounted camera look but without big camera performance. On the other hand, the v1 is twice the price of the 1000. It's always tough when deciding, but the old addage - you get what you pay for - is usually true. If you're looking at that 1500 pricepoint, also take a look at the cannon a40? Excellent picture in a small/mini format.

Best of Luck!

Kind Regards,
Chris

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]