Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
FORUMS:listlist (w/ descriptions)archivetagssearchhall of famerecent posts

Re: Low light and VX2100 vs. DSR-PD170 vs. HDR-FX1

COW Forums : Sony DV

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Peter DeCrescenzoRe: Low light and VX2100 vs. DSR-PD170 vs. HDR-FX1
by on Nov 18, 2005 at 6:10:58 pm

[Craig Seeman] "One could create a WMV HD file, put that on a very fast Windows PC and play that to an HDTV. JVC will be distributed the ioDATA in the US. It's a DVD player that can play WMV HD for about $350. No authoring needed. Just burn the WMV HD file on to a DVD and it'll play it. ..."

That's why I said in my earlier post: "... Note that an industry-standard and inexpensive way to distribute HD footage doesn't exist yet, so for example you won't be able to send a "HD DVD" disc to your clients for some time. ..."

The approaches you mention work very well, but neither are "industry-standard and inexpensive" compared to what we pay for SD DVD players and media today.

It'll happen, but it's at least a couple of years away before "HD DVD" players & blank media are around $50 and $0.20 each respectively. I can't wait! :)

All the best,

- Peter

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]