Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
FORUMS:listlist (w/ descriptions)archivetagssearchhall of famerecent posts

Mac Pro Quad Core (2009) - Video Card Setup

COW Forums : Videoguys.com Tech Talk

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index

Stuart ClarkMac Pro Quad Core (2009) - Video Card Setup
by on Mar 29, 2012 at 3:26:19 pm

I have purchased a used Mac Pro and want to setup a system primarily focused on PS5. I also want to venture into some AVCHD editing from my DSLR. For video editing, I will be using Premiere and perhaps After Effects. As mentioned, I have the Quad Core 2.66, I have bumped it up to 24 MB ram and I will be running dual ASUS PA246Q monitors. The computer still has installed the factory video card (NVIDIA GeForce GT 120 with 512 MB of GDDR3). I have ordered a PNY Quadro 4000 which leads me to my questions. I am looking for suggestions as I have no experience with configuring a system like this. Should I just replace the existing card or can I run both cards and see an added advantage? I was thinking running the monitors from the factory card and keeping the new card for processing. Any thoughts? Is there a know link to another post that covers this already? Thanks in advance.

Posts Index
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:
  • Mac Pro Quad Core (2009) - Video Card Setup by Stuart Clark on Mar 29, 2012 at 3:26:19 pm

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]