Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
APPLE FINAL CUT PRO:HomeFCP ForumFCP XFCPX TechniquesFCP TutorialsFC ServerBasics ForumPodcastFAQ

FCP X Media Management Good - Legacy FCP Media Management really, really bad.

COW Forums : Apple FCPX Techniques

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

T. PaytonFCP X Media Management Good - Legacy FCP Media Management really, really bad.
by on Feb 29, 2012 at 5:01:07 pm

Since 7toX has come out I have been grabbing some older FCP Projects (done over the last decade) to open in FCP X I have noticed something.

Media Manager in FCP legacy was horrible.

None of the projects, zero, that I have previously "collected" using FCP legacy Media Manager have actually collected all my footage and clips needed to just reconstruct a timeline. I should't be shocked at this because I have heard horror stories, but as I tried to open project after project that I pain-stainkely archived years ago, this truth has show that those pain-stainking hours were for not. Thusly I have concluded:

FCP X media management is simple and far superior

I know that FCP X's desire to copy everything into an event folder may appear to be a waste of HD space. But it is a far superior workflow for archiving. I would gladly pay a few extra dollars in HD space to be able to have all my footage and clips in a proper archive.

The flaw we still have in FCP X for archiving is that used Motion Templates and Fonts are not copied to an event/project. It has to be done manually for archiving. I'm going to send another request to Apple for that one. I encourage you to do the same.

------
T. Payton
OneCreative, Albuquerque

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]