Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
APPLE FINAL CUT PRO:HomeFCP ForumFCP XFCPX TechniquesFCP TutorialsFC ServerBasics ForumPodcastFAQ

warning: xto7 update solves some problems but creates new ones

COW Forums : Apple FCPX Techniques

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Simon Ubsdellwarning: xto7 update solves some problems but creates new ones
by on Feb 20, 2012 at 9:27:46 pm

A while back I reported that xto7 was having major issues with (among other things) making any sense of detached audio:

http://forums.creativecow.net/readpost/344/7938

Greg Clarke responded very quickly indeed to my feedback which is great and in due course an update arrived which addressed this.

I have only just had a moment to look into it but while the detached audio issue is now fixed there are other problems of perhaps a more serious nature.

All the video (bar none) on my test sequence came through incorrectly whereas in the previous version of the app with the exact same sequence it all came through fine with the exception of one rogue clip.

Now what happens it that around half the clips are simply referencing the wrong frames of the source material and the other half all come through as single frame edits that reference the mostly the same single (apparently random) frame of the source material. (In the second half the edit the single frame referenced is a different source frame but again always the same one in each case.)

Note that all the video (excepting the graphics which all came through fine) were from the same single source.

There is also an ongoing issue with audio from a multi-channel source, whereby an 8-track source (of which only one track was used in the edit) are translated as 32 tracks in FCP7.

Simon Ubsdell
Director/Editor/Writer
http://www.tokyo-uk.com

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]