Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
APPLE FINAL CUT PRO:HomeFCP ForumFCP XFCPX TechniquesFCP TutorialsFC ServerBasics ForumPodcastFAQ

Re: Drama Doc with OMF via X27 finished :-)

COW Forums : Apple FCPX Techniques

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Michael JuddRe: Drama Doc with OMF via X27 finished :-)
by on Dec 7, 2011 at 10:28:35 pm

I have a 90min project that I'm trying to export either AAF or OMF for my sound editor to use in Pro Tools.

Both Automatic Duck & FCP X27 had issues if I tried to to the whole 90min project. Including the project resulting in up to 99 audio tracks (I have, at best, 16 audio tracks in FCPx). I've since broken the film into 8 roughly 10 minute "reels" and have tried exporting each reel separately.

With Automatic Duck the export has resulted in some sync issues that were easily corrected but also, for some reason, certain audio clips are missing. There doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason why the clips shouldn't be recognized as they are the same type of sound clip as the other ones that exported properly.

With FCP X27 it seems certain tracks within a clip would be missing - for instance: I'd have an audio track from one Lavalier mic repeated over and over and yet for the same shot the track for the boom mic or another lavalier would be missing.

Any ideas? I've been struggling with exporting AAF/OMF for over a month now. Although I had a fine time in FCPx - I'm regretting using it now.

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]