Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
APPLE FINAL CUT PRO:HomeFCP ForumFCP XFCPX TechniquesFCP TutorialsFC ServerBasics ForumPodcastFAQ

Setting up an edit suite for FCPX

COW Forums : Apple FCPX Techniques

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Luke OgdenSetting up an edit suite for FCPX
by on Jul 2, 2012 at 12:08:45 pm

Greetings all,
I like many have found myself doing a bit of NLE soul searching this past year (or since learning there wouldn't be a FCP 8) and for better or worse my go to/everyday editor will be FCPX from now on.
my question now is how to set up my machine optimally for predominately FCPX use.
I'm on a new thunderbolt iMac so I was looking into some large RAID storage to act as the scratch disk for all my project assets etc, possibly a thunderbolt drive (any recommendations?). Beyond this I don't think I need to buy anything else but I'm interested to see how people set their machines up.

At the moment my main criteria is this
-To have all my current projects in one place (like the aforementioned RAID drive)
-To be able to "check out" a project to a portable HDD to take on the road, home etc. then update it back on the main system.
-To be able to archive an old project and all its associated files from the RAID to cheap desktop Hard drives

One of the main things that drew me to FCPX was its ability to media manage for me and do a lot of these tasks. So if this is possible I'd love to hear you recommendations for how to set this up.

as always thanks for reading

Luke

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]