Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
APPLE FINAL CUT PRO:HomeFCP ForumFCP XFCPX TechniquesFCP TutorialsFC ServerBasics ForumPodcastFAQ

XDCam clip names in FCPX

COW Forums : Apple FCPX Techniques

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Greg PasztorXDCam clip names in FCPX
by on Jun 29, 2012 at 12:31:42 am

I would like my imported clips in the finder to display the names I give them when logging (rather than "2012-06-24 09:52:34" in the event library and "2012-06-24 09_52_34 (id).mov" in the finder I would like them to say things like "Tom falls off horse.mov"). The Title 1 & Title 2 fields in XDCAM Browser 2.1 don't seem to make the trip to FCPX. I do not want to be totally reliant on FCPX' keyword function to be able to find footage (& Apple just might throw the whole system away sometime in the future:).
The only way I've found to do this so far is to use the "XDCam Transfer" from FCP7 or to export 1 clip at a time from XDCAM Browser 2.1 using the 'import into fcp' button in the Preview pane.
Does anyone know a way using XDCAM Browser or FCPX import functions that will ingest my entire logged BPAV file and give the files proper names in the finder?
Many thanks.
Greg Pasztor

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]