Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
APPLE FINAL CUT PRO:HomeFCP ForumFCP XFCPX TechniquesFCP TutorialsFC ServerBasics ForumPodcastFAQ

Restoring accidentally deleted .mts and .wav files

COW Forums : Apple FCPX Techniques

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

chris walkerRestoring accidentally deleted .mts and .wav files
by on Jun 10, 2012 at 9:47:08 pm

I got that sinking feeling when, in preparation for doing a backup, I realized I had just put the wrong folder, of files not backed up, in the trash, and then emptied the trash! I used software called stellar phoenix to attempt to restore, and a bunch of .mts files were recovered, but they are broken into pieces only 21 mb in size or smaller. I converted some to .mov files with Toast, and then on an fcp x timeline I placed files that seemed to be consecutive based on the file name and the content, and discovered to my dismay that there were short missing gaps between the files! Also, .wav files of audio I had recorded separately were not recovered at all. Now I have a pro seeing what he can do. Has anyone had this problem before, and been able to recover complete .mts files, or at least pieces of files that could be put together with nothing missing?
I did not use all of the scanning options stellar phoenix offered; only the one for finding deleted files. And the files had resided on a separate drive, and I did not write any files after I did the accidental delete. So I have hopes that at least most of these files can be recovered. But if not, it will be a disaster; I'll have to tell several wedding clients that there is no video of their wedding.

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]