Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
APPLE FINAL CUT PRO:HomeFCP ForumFCP XFCPX TechniquesFCP TutorialsFC ServerBasics ForumPodcastFAQ

Re: How do I keep clips locked into place?

COW Forums : Apple FCPX Techniques

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Mark MoracheRe: How do I keep clips locked into place?
by on May 31, 2012 at 12:06:22 am

I think I'd put your non-changing elements inside a secondary storyline. You can connect it to your slate, leaving your entire primary storyline open.

By having the right length of gap in the secondary storyline, it will allow the footage in the primary to be revealed until you get to the end graphic. You can even put a transition on your end graphic.

Now you can edit away on the primary. You can visually see where the end graphic comes in by looking at the secondary storyline.

You could also put the graphical elements along with music, sound effects, what-have-you inside a compound clip above your primary storyline, again connected to the slate, and wherever you have gap in your compound clip, the primary footage will be revealed. I believe you can even put graphics with alpha channels in the compound clip. Place a marker on the compound clip to indicate your hard hit for the end graphic, and you're in business.

FCPX is quite flexible, once you get past the idea of the plyable nature magnetic timeline.

Good luck.

You can also put the elements BELOW the primary timeline, and trim the footage on the primary to reveal the end graphic.

---------
Don't live your life in a secondary storyline.

Mark Morache
FCPX/FCP7/Xpri/Avid
Evening Magazine,Seattle, WA
http://fcpx.wordpress.com

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy