Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
APPLE FINAL CUT PRO:HomeFCP ForumFCP XFCPX TechniquesFCP TutorialsFC ServerBasics ForumPodcastFAQ

New to Forum and have some fcpx questions

COW Forums : Apple FCPX Techniques

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

shane worthNew to Forum and have some fcpx questions
by on May 9, 2012 at 3:30:40 am

HI there, I am pretty new here and I have looked through other posts and these are some of the questions I either have not found or have not figured out yet.

I was just watching some movie trailers and was thinking how would I do something where I have a perspective where it looks like film,(24p) then a handheld perspective like a person carrying a video camera (30p) then I might have some things I want to do a slow mo effect on (60i) so I have more frames to slow down and make it not look choppy.

Would Final cut pro x keep the different frame rates or would I need to create the project in the highest frame rate?

What I as thinking was doing a project basically like a horror movie where you have the audience point of view then a character would record some stuff on his "camcorder" then for some special stuff I would record in 60i so I can slow it down to look super slow.

I am using a cannon hfm31 so my camera isn't super high end.

I am also wondering because I have played with all sorts of settings, how I should convert my HD video to SD so I can burn it on a regular DVD. A friend wants me to help me start shooting weddings and even though I shoot in HD most people don't have blu ray players ( and I don't have a blu ray burner) I would like to be able to burn a dvd that has high quality. I have friends that have a regular DVD player hooked to an HDTV and want it to still look good on there. I have burned discs in the past that look awesome on a standard tv but then look a little pix-elated on the big tv but actual movie DVDs look fine on there. Just wondering if anyone can help explain this to me. I shoot everything in HD now and I prefer to shoot 30p as a standard because most things are going to end up on either the internet or DVD for now. Thanks for your time.

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]