Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
APPLE FINAL CUT PRO:HomeFCP ForumFCP XFCPX TechniquesFCP TutorialsFC ServerBasics ForumPodcastFAQ

Moving projects between multiple computers with FCP X. Is it possible?

COW Forums : Apple FCPX Techniques

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Nikhil MurthyMoving projects between multiple computers with FCP X. Is it possible?
by on Apr 24, 2012 at 5:21:42 pm

Hi All

I run a editing lab at a university art department and we are considering what to do with our editing software. I have been doing some research on FCP X and one of our faculty linked Walter Biscardi's article on the Creative Cow Magazine.

http://magazine.creativecow.net/article/final-cut-pro-x-whats-missing-for-s...

One particular part caught my attention.

Cannot collaborate with other editors. You can't simply hand off a project file to another editor who has the same media like you could with previous versions of FCP. All of your project organization is now globally contained in the application rather than in your project file. You would literally have to give that other editor your computer to open your project with all of your organization.

Is this still the case? Has Apple updated FCP X to allow working on multiple machines? This would be a big issue for us as currently students will work on FCP7 in the classroom and then copy their projects and media to an external HD and move to the editing lab after class ends. If you can't move between multiple computers FCP X would be real problem.

Any info on this issue or whether there are simple work-arounds would be extremely helpful.

Thanks

Nikhil

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]