Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
ADOBE DIRECTOR:HomeDirector ForumTagMotion Graphics

Re: A behaviour to play a range of a QT sprite?

COW Forums : Adobe Director

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Joao VelhoRe: A behaviour to play a range of a QT sprite?
by on Dec 6, 2005 at 11:36:30 pm

Thanks for helping! My goal is to have a Director movie that analyses a QT movie. The stage was designed with a kind of timeline with some tracks and the QT Movie. There are text sprites in one of the timeline tracks that, when mouse clicked randomly, it should play distinct segments of the QT Movie that is being analyzed.

I started with something simple like that:

on mouseUp
sprite(3).movieTime = 325
sprite(3).movieRate = 1
sprite(3).stopTime = 456
end mouseUp

If I do that, after clicking the text sprite, the QT Movie can't play any segment after the 456 tick by the QT Movie controller bar at the bottom of the video. How can I manage that? The script you suggested can't be used with a mouse click action, so I changed a little:

on mouseUp me
sprite(3).movieTime = 125
sprite(3).movieRate = 1
end

on enterFrame me
if sprite(3).movieTime > 250 then
sprite(3).movieRate = 0
end if
end

This time I can play the segment clicking on the text sprite but after that it is possible to play the QT Movie just clicking and holding the play button of the controller bar. Is there a way to return to the initial situation after clicking on the text sprite, and recover the playback functionality of the controller bar?

Thanks in advance for any further help!

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]