Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
APPLE FINAL CUT PRO:HomeFCP ForumFCP XFCPX TechniquesFCP TutorialsFC ServerBasics ForumPodcastFAQ

Re: Survey: How would you want FCP X and FCP 7 compatibility to work?

COW Forums : Apple FCPX or Not: The Debate

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Ted BekeRe: Survey: How would you want FCP X and FCP 7 compatibility to work?
by on Jun 28, 2011 at 3:39:58 pm

I don't know. Part of me thinks the reason they're not fixing it is it takes the mystery out of their magnetic timeline. Its still all linear video and audio layers in particular time sequence. I feel like this could be translated with some work. The video is still basically stacked like any other timeline - its just the audio is kind of all over the place. Which makes sense because audio is just there in space - it doesn't matter what layer its on you're just going to hear it.

I would propose making everything in the v1 & a1,2 timeline the main storyline. Then just connecting clips off of that layer. If there's a transition between some top level b-roll, make that into a second storyline but otherwise just make it a connected clip to the main storyline.

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]