Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
APPLE FINAL CUT PRO:HomeFCP ForumFCP XFCPX TechniquesFCP TutorialsFC ServerBasics ForumPodcastFAQ

Re: Email Exchange with Randy Ubillos, FCP X Designer

COW Forums : Apple FCPX or Not: The Debate

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Richard ClarkRe: Email Exchange with Randy Ubillos, FCP X Designer
by on Jun 27, 2011 at 5:58:03 am

"Businesses can't just jump off a cliff with no connection to the past. They need to do their work the way the client wants, and many times that means building on what they've done with the client before. Apple really doesn't understand business. I can't believe how wrong they got this release. Didn't they talk to any editing professionals before this release?"

I really disagree with this attitude that it is our clients who tell us how to work, life is about change, if we hang onto the past we die, however, it is healthy to learn from the past. I still use my film experience as my work attitude and process, FCP or whatever, is simply a tool. I would never, ever allow a client to dictate how I work and on what platform I work. I am an Editor, they are clients. I listen to them, take on board where they wish the project to be and then I take them there, simple really. So many post production businesses are dead in the water because of their refusal to consider new business plans. I created a very successful Post House way back in 1971 in Sydney Australia, I tried to recreate the same business model in Venice Beach California and fell on my face. I hung on too long. Now I am hopefully smarter, I must be :) I moved back to Aotearoa NZ but seriously my new way of working IS smarter, faster, sleeker and much more cost effective. Outsourcing, virtual relationships, keeping lines of communication open and doing business in a very transparent manner all help. Again and I say it over and over, it's all about attitude, simple really.

Richard Clark's kiwicafe.com
Film | Photography | Writing
http://www.kiwicafe.com/
Aotearoa aka New Zealand

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy