Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
APPLE FINAL CUT PRO:HomeFCP ForumFCP XFCPX TechniquesFCP TutorialsFC ServerBasics ForumPodcastFAQ

Re: Email Exchange with Randy Ubillos, FCP X Designer

COW Forums : Apple FCPX or Not: The Debate

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Randy PhillipsRe: Email Exchange with Randy Ubillos, FCP X Designer
by on Jun 27, 2011 at 4:06:22 am

I truly look forward to each & every upgrade of FCS, X included. I look forward to the day when I can integrate this into my workflow, but that will not be until I can open legacy projects.
I do 100's of tv commercials & dozens of industrial projects every year & for me to be required to start all of them from scratch is ludicrous.
Yes, I can keep 7 installed along with X, but then I'm not moving forward, I'm holding on to the past.
In the last month, I revised 6 different projects for a large local corporation that I had previously done & it took a couple weeks of editing. If I would have started from scratch, it would have taken months & the client would have lost thousands of dollars. These were dvd's that had to be shipped with each unit & their client began assessing fines for the product not being delivered. True, the client waited too long to get me started on the project revisions, but which one of us has not been under the gun like this?
What needs to happen is there needs to be a "legacy" mode that allows exiting projects to be opened up in FCPX, then re-saved with whatever attributes are necessary for FCPX integration. Until that happens, I'll be living in the past with 7. I suppose if the day comes that I need to start from scratch, I will, but how much bad publicity has this been for our editing platform? Yes, any piece of software is a work in progress until the day it's discontinued, but while some say this is a totally new product, I humbly disagree. This is the next step in the evolution of Final Cut. The lessons & experience learned from all the years it's existed seem to have been pushed aside for the new interface. I have no doubt it's incredible & will change the way people think about video editing, but as of right now, my 9 years worth of archived projects seem to be of no interest to Apple. Wow.......just wow.

Randy Phillips
Randy's Video
Quincy, IL

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]