Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
APPLE FINAL CUT PRO:HomeFCP ForumFCP XFCPX TechniquesFCP TutorialsFC ServerBasics ForumPodcastFAQ

Disappearing Events, Missing Drives

COW Forums : Apple FCPX or Not: The Debate

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Casey PegramDisappearing Events, Missing Drives
by on Jun 25, 2011 at 10:32:05 pm

I'm experiencing some very strange behavior in FCPX. Right from the start, FCPX only recognized two drives in my system: an external eSATA drive, and an external USB2 drive. Missing were my internal Macintosh HD drive, another internal SATA drive, and my RAID0 stripe of two more SATA drives. My system is a 2008 Mac Pro, by the way.

Further, I've created several events and projects only to have the events stop showing up after I quit and reopened FCPX. The projects remain intact, containing all my media referenced from my events, but the event library is empty. I've checked to make sure I'm not accidentally filtering out all my events, and I've even tried opening the events from the Finder into FCPX, which simply goes back to the project browser.

I'm trying my best to give Apple the benefit of the doubt here - even if in the short term I'll definitely be moving towards Premiere CS5 - but I can barely even learn the ropes of editing on this new system with this kind of glitchy behavior.

I should add, more worryingly perhaps, that I -do- have FCP7 installed on the same drive. If I can muster up the patience perhaps I'll try a fresh install on a new OS partition and see if my results are any different. I'm probably due a fresh OS install come Lion anyway - I've been migrating OS'es since Panther :)

Thanks for any help.

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
+1
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]