Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
APPLE FINAL CUT PRO:HomeFCP ForumFCP XFCPX TechniquesFCP TutorialsFC ServerBasics ForumPodcastFAQ

Re: Facility Management Dilemma re: FCP-X

COW Forums : Apple FCPX or Not: The Debate

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Dylan ReeveRe: Facility Management Dilemma re: FCP-X
by on Jun 24, 2011 at 4:58:07 am

Right now, and bare in mind I'm a big Avid fan, I'd go the Adobe route. Premiere Pro is good to go for you right now, you have the software, it will work with the hardware and it can open the projects and read the media.

I think Media Composer 6.0 might change the equation, but that's just as much a future unknown and FCP X upgrades... Although we do know that MC6 will come and it will do the things pros need :)

The other issue with Media Composer is that it's not as simple for shared editing. Not that FCP was simple about it, but Avid has very specific ways to do it and they are not cheap. You can do it with a basic SAN and Media Composer only, but depending on your needs you might want to look at managed collaboration - either Avid's Unity systems, or perhaps EditShare.

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]