Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
APPLE FINAL CUT PRO:HomeFCP ForumFCP XFCPX TechniquesFCP TutorialsFC ServerBasics ForumPodcastFAQ

So who is the best candidate?

COW Forums : Apple FCPX or Not: The Debate

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Adam Claude JonesSo who is the best candidate?
by on Jun 23, 2011 at 10:03:44 pm

Ok, the writing is on the wall and its pretty clear apple wants to sell iphones and not pro apps. Yeah, its coming in the future yadda, yadda, yadda. But I need it now. So who is the best candidate to replace FCP?

MC 5.5, Premiere or Media 100?

Media 100 is Mac only and although I would really love to leave the Mac platform I don't think I can because now that Color is no more the only other affordable color correction tools is Resolve for the Mac. Bugger!

So I guess I must stay on the Mac, unfortunately. So I might as well consider Media 100.
So between the 3 what do you guys advice for narrative type of projects, features films and documentaries?
Needs are:

*Needs to be able to edit DPX, XDCAM, DSLR.
*Work with Resolve
*Footage will need to be sent for compositing in either Nuke or Fusion. Rarely After Effects.
*If it matters, applications such as Maya, 3DS Max and Lightwave are often used in such projects.

Any opinions?

Thanks.

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]