Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
APPLE FINAL CUT PRO:HomeFCP ForumFCP XFCPX TechniquesFCP TutorialsFC ServerBasics ForumPodcastFAQ

Re: Tedious track based editing

COW Forums : Corel Design/Video Tools

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Jeremy GarchowRe: Tedious track based editing
by on Sep 11, 2012 at 1:58:09 am

[Aindreas Gallagher] "I can actually answer this - if you grab an edit point for a ripple trim pushing against timeline start - it actually sucks timeline start against you. timeline start is magnetic. no. i"m not kidding - its that stupid.

the default behaviour of FCPX is that time is relative to your current decision - you can suck time start absolute left against you.

again - I'm not joking - this is the degree to which they smoked special cigarettes in cupertino - in the process of destroying a decade industry standard."

I know it's a work around but the ultimate outcome is exactly the same as rippling in FCP7.

Even though I agree that the animation is executed poorly, ripple trimming 3 seconds off the head of FCPX is the same as ripple trimming 3 seconds off of the head of FCP7. X just chooses to show you the warm up area before the starting line.

I'm not making excuses as the animation is stupid and rather unnecessary. Shift-z rights the sinking ship.

Zero tc is still zero tc.

On the flip side of that, if you make a trim and you cannot see zero, the time marker stays right in the middle, so that you don't have to hunt for it, the active area has remained conveniently in the same place.

I know, you are completely done with FCPX, but there is a reason for this animation when you can't see zero.

This is especially apparent when you use the keyboard to trim.

I don't know why I keep pushing this water uphill.

Jeremy

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]