Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
APPLE FINAL CUT PRO:HomeFCP ForumFCP XFCPX TechniquesFCP TutorialsFC ServerBasics ForumPodcastFAQ

Re: OSX 10.8 Assessments

COW Forums : Apple FCPX or Not: The Debate

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Mark DobsonRe: OSX 10.8 Assessments
by on Aug 15, 2012 at 5:26:06 pm

So I upgraded to 10.8 and found it the easiest upgrade ever. ( 2008 Quadcore 22GBsRam )

Everything seems to work OK. FCPX solid as a rock. The only thing I've noticed is that it seems to take a bit longer to open up.

The bonus is that supporting software such as Telestream Episode works fine. Matrox have released new firmware for the MXO2 mini I run.

As before I forgot to load new drivers for my Esata card and wondered why I couldn't access my GTech external drives but because I had had this problem before it was quickly resolved.

And as for 10.8 ? Most of the operational features are not for me as I do not use iCloud or Facebook etc etc. The new Safari browser takes some getting used to with the unified address and search field.

Having also installed it on my Macbook Pro ( 2009 ) I've had fun with dictating the text for titles and favourites.

So overall a good experience.

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]