Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
APPLE FINAL CUT PRO:HomeFCP ForumFCP XFCPX TechniquesFCP TutorialsFC ServerBasics ForumPodcastFAQ

Re: oh good god, people. *DON'T PANIC*

COW Forums : Apple FCPX or Not: The Debate

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Walter SoykaRe: oh good god, people. *DON'T PANIC*
by on Jun 22, 2011 at 7:47:09 pm

[Buddy Couch] "I get it and if you don't see that Apple makes its name in the high end business you are kidding yourself. Apple is not going to abandon high end users"

Buddy, this is a big assumption you're making. There's no indication from Apple right now that this is true, and Apple does have a history of EOL-ing high-end products without warning.

Consider this: Apple spent a lot of time at the SuperMeet telling us all that they're the top dog in post production. Today, with FCPX released and FCS3 unavailable from Apple, you cannot buy an NLE from the market leader that supports tape I/O. Or that supports a broadcast monitor. Or that interchanges with other applications. Or that opens your legacy projects.

Certainly you can understand how Apple's actions have created an enormous gap in the market, and how it's causing mass confusion. Why shouldn't high-end users feel abandoned? Why shouldn't they feel like Apple isn't responding to their needs?

As I have said over and over, FCPX could be an amazing platform for future development, and it may well be that they intend to offer these features in a future release -- but they should say so! A new sneak peak showing tape I/O, or XML interchange, or any of the other features people are clamoring for would go such a long way toward restoring people's faith in the platform.

With this release and this silence, Apple is burning all the trust and goodwill they've built in the last decade with high-end users.

Walter Soyka
Principal & Designer at Keen Live
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
RenderBreak Blog - What I'm thinking when my workstation's thinking
Creative Cow Forum Host: Live & Stage Events

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter