Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
APPLE FINAL CUT PRO:HomeFCP ForumFCP XFCPX TechniquesFCP TutorialsFC ServerBasics ForumPodcastFAQ

Re: Tape is dead ???

COW Forums : Apple FCPX or Not: The Debate

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Bob ZelinRe: Tape is dead ???
by on Jul 4, 2012 at 7:44:43 pm

I agree with Andrew - once the price of solid state media (whatever that becomes) is inexpensive, we will have hard media just like tapes. LTO Tapes, or inexpensive SATA drive backups is the equivalent of having a "beta tape" on the shelf.

As for the requirements of the networks, etc. who still want a D5 tape, this is all based on union labor, whose 55 year old morons refuse to learn anything, and it's easier for management to say "send us a tape" as opposed to retraining these guys. Do you think that if a network facility or TV station had all guys under 30, that anyone would actually say "send me a Beta SP tape" ? Being 56 years old myself, I can tell you that these idiots at the TV stations have died, but no one has told them that they died, and they are still alive only because the Unions prevent them from getting fired.

Bob Zelin
(can you say Aspera and Signiant ?)

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]