Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
APPLE FINAL CUT PRO:HomeFCP ForumFCP XFCPX TechniquesFCP TutorialsFC ServerBasics ForumPodcastFAQ

Re: TV (Follow Up)

COW Forums : Apple iPhone

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Bill DavisRe: TV (Follow Up)
by on Jun 29, 2012 at 4:03:23 pm

[Rafael Amador] "You are right that we are in the era of information, but we are also in the era of mobility, and a big 4k screen represents the opposite. In the end TVs are old and the only they can do is get bigger and with more things to watch. About picture quality, except professionals, people don't give a damn. Just look at the Bluray market penetration;"

Rafael,

We agree here.

The one area where i think 4k stands any chance is if that resolution turns out to be an optional use for the central device that provides other services in a household media center scenario.

I can see people opting for a central high-rez screen as the main information portal for their homes - I just think it's got to do a whole lot more than just display high-rez movies.

And my last Sony TV purchase confirmed that. It does 50 things that no TV I've ever purchased previously could do via WiFi and Cable access.

If the 4k movie resolution ALSO gets me better internet text display, for example - then I can see the value.

It's kinda like the Apple push toward the retina displays. More rez isn't particularly "necessary" - but there's not much downside to having it if you don't have to pay a whole lot extra for it.

"Before speaking out ask yourself whether your words are true, whether they are respectful and whether they are needed in our civil discussions."-Justice O'Connor

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]