Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
APPLE FINAL CUT PRO:HomeFCP ForumFCP XFCPX TechniquesFCP TutorialsFC ServerBasics ForumPodcastFAQ

Re: Extremely Detailed Review of the rMBP

COW Forums : Apple FCPX or Not: The Debate

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Paul DickinRe: Extremely Detailed Review of the rMBP
by on Jun 23, 2012 at 4:32:42 pm

Hi
Fascinating stuff!
As to 'later in 2012", this from page 8:
"Sandy Bridge and Ivy Bridge were both good steps for Intel, but Haswell and Broadwell are the designs that Apple truly wanted."

That led me to:
"Haswell's AVX2 integer support is particularly useful for processing visual data commonly encountered in consumer imaging and video processing workloads."
http://software.intel.com/en-us/blogs/2011/06/13/haswell-new-instruction-de...

Also:
"In addition, it will support OpenGL 3.2 and OpenCL 1.2, which will improve performance in certain general purpose computing on graphics processing units (GPGPU) supported applications. The iGPU will feature new Auto-Stereoscopic 3D (AS3D), which will provide 3D support that is typically only available through the use of discrete GPUs. It will support up to three independent displays: HDMI 1.4, DVI, Display Port, VGA."
http://www.tomshardware.com/news/Intel-Haswell-iGPU-DirectX_11.1-OpenCL_1.2...

I also found a page (which I've lost the link to) discussing Intel's strategy to get its next-gen IGP graphics 'certified' for applications like Nuke which now run need to run on nVidia Quadra-type external graphics cards...

Seems a lot is 'going on' for delivery 'later in 2013' ;-)

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]