Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
APPLE FINAL CUT PRO:HomeFCP ForumFCP XFCPX TechniquesFCP TutorialsFC ServerBasics ForumPodcastFAQ

Re: So Now What For Those Of Us Who Need New Apple Hardware?

COW Forums : Apple FCPX or Not: The Debate

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Rick LangRe: So Now What For Those Of Us Who Need New Apple Hardware?
by on Jun 13, 2012 at 10:49:53 pm

If you do not require mobility and cannot wait another year or so, I suspect the iMac will be updated this fall. Don't know anything about the specs although I assume it will be "the fastest all-in-one we've ever built." Big question would be: will it have a retina screen? Doesn't seem possible given the size of the screen would be 5120x2880 pixels if they kept the 27" format. Perhaps a 21.5" or 24" retina screen is more likely this year. Certainly anyone who feels limited by the current 15" laptop screen may be more comfortable on the larger iMac screens. Downside is there's longer to wait with no guarantee you'll like what happens.

I think Apple is right to move everything to a retina display. It just seems once it's possible to do technically, it will become the de facto standard for many years. And now the ball is rolling on laptop computers after it started with the iPhone 4 and the iPod touch, it's going to be mainstream in desktops eventually. Apple wants the competitive edge of being seen as the leading edge facilitator of this transition. And professionals of all stripes that are in front of a screen too many hours a day will consider it a given that they utilize the best imaging technology

Rick Lang

iMac 27” 2.8GHz i7 16GB

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]