Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
APPLE FINAL CUT PRO:HomeFCP ForumFCP XFCPX TechniquesFCP TutorialsFC ServerBasics ForumPodcastFAQ

Re: My closer look at FCPX

COW Forums : Apple FCPX or Not: The Debate

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Richard HerdRe: My closer look at FCPX
by on May 31, 2012 at 3:34:18 pm

[Andy Neil] "and reject the ones that are completely unusable"

You can also range select footage and delete it and it becomes rejected. Then you can choose to display "hide rejected." The footage doesn't go away, it just gets marked with a red bar.

A couple of other niftiness:

In the timeline Range select some stuff then hit CMD-R.

In the timeline select a clip, hit CTRL-S. Then range select some audio and adjust the audio level.

With two clips in the timeline select a couple clip, hit CTRL-S, then, drag the picture.

In the preference window, CMD-, select the editing option to "show detailed trimming feedback." Back in the timeline, double click the between to clips to reveal the Precision Editor.

Oh yeah, dirty little secret: There are tracks in X. They are called secondary storylines.

These things, for me, have made editing very very fast. Just yesterday I cut a thing in Premiere Pro and it was obvious (from a cutting point of view) how efficient X is.

The other stuff like media management is pretty cool too and personally I like 3rd developers creating things like 7toX, xtopro, and clipexporter.

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]