Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
APPLE FINAL CUT PRO:HomeFCP ForumFCP XFCPX TechniquesFCP TutorialsFC ServerBasics ForumPodcastFAQ

Re: After a year has perception of FCPX changed?

COW Forums : Apple FCPX or Not: The Debate

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Jeremy GarchowRe: After a year has perception of FCPX changed?
by on May 29, 2012 at 9:04:08 pm

[Clint Wardlow] "It has nothing to do with me."

I guess I'm not worried. about what the guy next door thinks about me using FCPX, if that's what I choose to use.

I don't care about Apple PR. They have said things, and so far they've done it. I am glad they have said they are going to work on FCPX and are committed to it. That keeps me around. I don't know what else they could say.

For a 1 year old program, it's remarkably advanced in certain crucial areas, the rest will catch up.

Or not.

[Clint Wardlow] "And frankly, Apple has been closed mouthed about its plans. I heard about modular design based on Thunderbolt and macminis here. I heard about the imac pro here (whether they happen or not is another matter because apple isn't saying). I mean we hope they release some sort of concrete plans for a MacPro replacement this summer, but we don't really know for sure."

We never have. It's pretty much always a surprise.

Clint, I'm not trying to take this personal, I'm sorry. I am just wondering what Apple has to do but keep developing FCPX. The rest will fall in to place. Either "you" like the software and buy it, or "you" don't. Ultimately, what more does any company have to do? Sing us to sleep?

[Clint Wardlow] "I mean this is just my opinion, but I think there are a lot of folks that will never trust Apple again (and I don't mean me) unless the company does something to assuage their fears.

These people don't want to be wowed, they just want to be sure they'll be able to operate 3 years down the road with what they purchase from Apple."

Three years? People will still be using FCS3 in three years. The Mac OS is very flexible and can run on a number of machines by taking it out of any mac computer and booting it to another mac computer. It is amazing in that way. Three years from now, everything will look different again, but I bet a person will be able to dust off that old hard drive and boot to Snow Leopard or Lion from that drive.

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]