Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
APPLE FINAL CUT PRO:HomeFCP ForumFCP XFCPX TechniquesFCP TutorialsFC ServerBasics ForumPodcastFAQ

Re: After a year has perception of FCPX changed?

COW Forums : Apple FCPX or Not: The Debate

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Bill DavisRe: After a year has perception of FCPX changed?
by on May 29, 2012 at 2:01:34 pm

[Liam Hall] "It's funny how evangelists like you and Bill can only see things from your own perspective and assume the rest of us are stupid. Funny, but rather sad too..."

Poppycock.

I read what you wrote. I asked polite questions intended to uncover your concerns and address the issues you brought up.

I was respectful and polite about everything you wrote indicating how I saw things differently, but not saying a word about you - until you devolved into what I felt was an insupportably snarky attack on Mr. Ubillos's competency as a programmer. And even in doing that, I cited the reasoning I used to form my opinion.

But here you go again, resorting to personal attacks and deeming those of us in disagreement as "sad."

Not to tax your ability to reason too much, but EVERYONE on the planet sees things from their own perspective. It's the only one any of us have.

And if I'd "assumed you were stupid" I wouldn't have wasted my time responding to your post point by point.

At the base, I agree with Jeremy.

If you have something to say about the software - say it.

To the extent you feel compelled to continue as above with overt attacks on the people here - I'd politely advise you to put a sock in it. This board is not about who's "likable" or not. (If that's a persons primary focus, they have a zillion hours of reality TV to wallow in that covers that ground relentlessly)

This is a place where people come to debate whether a particular piece of software can help them get their work done - and I'm not getting a sense that you can argue those merits very comfortably since you keep diverting your posts away from facts and features and into personality issues.

And finally, not sad at all. Quite happy. I have great new software to explore that's making my editing life easier. So I'm struggle free and good to go. You - apparently not so much.

"Before speaking out ask yourself whether your words are true, whether they are respectful and whether they are needed in our civil discussions."-Justice O'Connor

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]