Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
APPLE FINAL CUT PRO:HomeFCP ForumFCP XFCPX TechniquesFCP TutorialsFC ServerBasics ForumPodcastFAQ

Re: On the fence.. wondering if X will be a headache or a blessing...

COW Forums : Apple FCPX or Not: The Debate

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Nathan AdamRe: On the fence.. wondering if X will be a headache or a blessing...
by on May 26, 2012 at 4:03:00 pm

Full assessment: FCPX ruined my June 2011. I still edit a weekly TV show in FCP 7 (XDCam, have a great system down, and wouldn't do it in X if they made me). Really digging PP CS6 for future, especially long form, custom, and DSLR based projects.

But for this type of project, mixing lots of moving stills, need for good, clean, but not too original titles, a ton of different video formats and lots of retiming, music, basic audio cleanup, <30 minutes long and a need for Fast exports, X, even for my first real project on it, was by far faster. My only retraining was a quick Lynda.com crash course (to relearn the silly new X terminology and remap my shortcuts).

Also, we won the National competitions out of 600 teams with this presentation, so I guess the video looked good enough, too. Definitely will be the fastest solution for these types of projects.

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]