Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
APPLE FINAL CUT PRO:HomeFCP ForumFCP XFCPX TechniquesFCP TutorialsFC ServerBasics ForumPodcastFAQ

Re: On the fence.. wondering if X will be a headache or a blessing...

COW Forums : Apple FCPX or Not: The Debate

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Craig SeemanRe: On the fence.. wondering if X will be a headache or a blessing...
by on May 26, 2012 at 2:15:15 pm

[Jules bowman] "A big part of the debate here is they did it their way and actually expected the whole fraternity to go 'ooog, super awesome' but instead a fair chunk went WTF?"

I think there was more thought behind it than "their way."
Apple studies the way people interact with things and develops GUI from that information. I don't doubt they were looking at how people without prior experience . . . prior conceptions, worked.

Of course it would be likely that many of those who are attached to their prior experience would not acclimate. Apple is thinking long range. I think they study and observe "people" rather than "experienced editors." In the long run they'll gain foothold from people new to the profession. It's an attrition strategy from one of the very few companies that can do that as a business model. It's same reason why I've posted earlier that Apple's biggest growth market with FCPX and professionals will be in new/startup facilities.

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]