Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
APPLE FINAL CUT PRO:HomeFCP ForumFCP XFCPX TechniquesFCP TutorialsFC ServerBasics ForumPodcastFAQ

Re: After a year has perception of FCPX changed?

COW Forums : Apple FCPX or Not: The Debate

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Herb SevushRe: After a year has perception of FCPX changed?
by on May 24, 2012 at 4:22:27 am

[Jeremy Garchow] "Linked selection off serves that purpose, but also allows alt selection. Do people not edit with linked selection off? I use it all the time, and turn it on all the time, too. Basically, all the time, I'm turning it on or off and liking it. "

Don't even know what "linked slection off" is, which is not unusual with programs like Legacy - so many options, so many ways to do the same thing differently that every time I watch another experienced editor work I learn something new. I'll have to look into this when I get back to the editing room.

[Jeremy Garchow] "You prolly won't like premiere then. Im sure you know, there's no Sync indicators for unlinked clips, and you must alt select to move independently. "

So I've heard, which explains my gloom.

[Jeremy Garchow] "What I do like about premiere is even though there's no keystroke for moving a/v to different tracks, simply grabbing a clip and dragging audio down or video up moves only the audio or video to adjacent tracks and not both. I find it much faster than 7. Of course in x, none of that shit is necessary, hahahahahahaha!"

While I know you're being funny here, the fact is "that shit" is always necessary. The magnetic timeline simply lets you move something first, then sort out the implications later. With standard timelines you have to think first, then move. No matter which way you do it thinking will, unhappily, still be involved.

Herb Sevush
Zebra Productions
---------------------------
nothin' attached to nothin'
"Deciding the spine is the process of editing" F. Bieberkopf

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter