Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
APPLE FINAL CUT PRO:HomeFCP ForumFCP XFCPX TechniquesFCP TutorialsFC ServerBasics ForumPodcastFAQ

Re: After a year has perception of FCPX changed?

COW Forums : Apple FCPX or Not: The Debate

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Herb SevushRe: After a year has perception of FCPX changed?
by on May 24, 2012 at 3:14:30 am

[Jeremy Garchow] "Herb, do you work truly unlinked or just with linked selection off?"

The first thing I do after I create an assembly is unlink everything. If you notice the "nothin' attached to nothin" below my name it refers to my style of editing. Possibly because of all my multicam work, possibly because I started out cutting film, the idea of leaving my audio attached to the video seems like editing in molasses. But in order to cut the way I like I need to be able to see my sync relationships at a glance, constantly.

I'm away shooting next years series this month, when I get back I'll open up my PPro 6 disks and give it a test ride. From what I can discern so far I do not think it will be the answer for me. As much as I don't want to I might have to spend another year with Legacy, cursing Apple under my breath.

Herb Sevush
Zebra Productions
---------------------------
nothin' attached to nothin'
"Deciding the spine is the process of editing" F. Bieberkopf

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter